- You have a housing need.
- You have the ability to make a down payment, monthly house payment, and can pay your other basic monthly expenses on time.
- You have the time to help build your house and other houses, and do 500 hours of “sweat equity” with help from your family and friends.
- You live or work in the Greater Albuquerque area.
- You have not filed for bankruptcy within the past 36 months.
- You think your income is within the guidelines (between $18,850 and $37,740 for a family of 4).
- You have been steadily employed or can show a reliable income for the past 24 months.
- You have lived or worked in the Albuquerque area for at least 12 months.
- You understand are not free houses and you will accept any house Habitat for Humanity may assign to you.
- You can provide the papers and documents required and are listed below.
Papers and Documents You must be able to Provide
- A copy of your marriage license if you are married.
- A copy of your divorce or separation decree and documents if you have ever been divorced.
- A copy of child support requirements or any other court judgments. (Custody award/guardianship award letter.)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency.
- Proof of your current address.
- Most recent 3 full Federal Income Tax reports and W2s and the most recent 2 years for all household members age 18 and older.
- Seven most recent pay stubs and other income statements.
- Three months bank statements (check/savings).
- Three months of rent receipts from your landlord.
- Three months telephone bills (house and cell phones)
- Three months of bills for gas, electric, water/sewer.
- Last bill for each credit card you have.
- Last statement for Food Stamps, TANF, child support, disability, SSI, Social Security, or any other income you receive each month.
If you think you meet the guidelines, and you can provide the required papers and documents, please call the Habitat office at 265-0057 to sign up to be place on the applicant list.
Make sure your credit is in good shape and all collections derogatory are paid or being paid off. Call Southwest Credit Counseling in Albuquerque at 1-866-889-9347, anytime. This is a Free service, and they will go over your credit history with you and help you reduce your debt.
Click Here to view the Basic Qualifications Checklist, a step by step guide to evaluate candidates. Applicants should review this before filling out an application.
Greater Albuquerque Habitat for Humanity pledges to the letter and spirit of U.S. and N.M. policies for the achievement of equal housing. We do not eliminate applicants or discriminate because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap, family status, ethnicity, national origin, or public assistance as a source of income.